Insurance of carriers and forwarders
What is this insurance for?
During the transportation of cargo, there are situations when the entrusted cargo to the carrier or forwarder is damaged during an accident, hijacked, or delivered to the wrong address. Such situations in business cannot be avoided, but the risk can be reduced by insuring civil liability of the carrier and/or freight forwarder for the transport or forwarding of the cargo. Insurance applies to international transportation (under the CMR convention) and, if necessary for cabotage transport.
What is insured against?
In case of losses due to the fault of the carrier or forwarder, the insurance will compensate the affected customer for the following losses:
- For the transported cargo or its part (theft, damage, or spoilage);
- For financial losses incurred by the consignor or consignee due to unfulfilled or improperly fulfilled obligations under the contract of carriage or forwarding;
- For damage caused by third parties during transportation;
- For entrusted temporary storage/use of various types of containers, trailers, semi-trailers.
Legal costs incurred in rescuing cargo may also be reimbursed.
Extended liability for cargo can be insured if required (e.g. 40 SDR/kg for cabotage in Germany).
What are the benefits of insuring with HBrokers?
- Minimized risk and protection for both oneself and the cargo owner in case of damage to the cargo accrues;
- Complete claims administration process managed by 10 qualified and experienced HBrokers lawyers;
- Competitive insurance price, because we constantly communicating and maintaining good relations with insurance partners, so this gives us the opportunity to receive the most competitive prices
- Opportunity for you to take care of your direct activities – leaving the successful settlement of the event/claim to the HBrokers team.